baslinux - Re: [BL] USB Serial Modems/Driver Source Script (was: Development Tools for BL)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB Serial Modems/Driver Source Script (was: Development Tools for BL)
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:03:16 +0000 (UTC)

Make sure you get something supported by linux this time!

G-r-r-r-r-r-r. That serial card works _fine_ on my debian. I'm
using it right now!

Do you need the Debian kernel and maybe also modules to make this serial card work? If so, can you boot BL3 with Debian kernel and use the Debian modules (copied to the pertinent /lib/modules/2.X)? Or at least chroot to Debian on one terminal, get online, and then use BL3 online from another terminal?