baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 and SATA hard drives

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 and SATA hard drives
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:07:38 -0700

sindi keesan wrote:

The 2.2.26 p1 kernel writes, so I booted with it (in loop) and made
/dev/sdb2. The 2.4.31 kernel (my sy kernel) does not write:
Error 30 : R/O file system.

What should I change in my kernel config to make it boot loop read/write?
I probably compiled with loop as module - should it be built in?

Yes, although it shouldn't even boot if it's built as module and you
haven't inserted it.

After you mounted/booted loop and saw that it was read-only, what did
dmesg say? The output of dmesg could give us a clue as to why loop is
read-only.

David