baslinux - Re: [BL] SANE, Desktop internet, Install at other machine on BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] SANE, Desktop internet, Install at other machine on BL3
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:52:21 +0000 (UTC)

I was able to plug our BL3 laptop computer into someone's
DSL modem via ethernet and go online.

That works for DSL routers (ethernet). It doesn't work
for DSL modems (USB).

What is the difference between a DSL router and a DSL modem? We have three devices labelled ADSL (I don't recall if they are labelled modem or router) which have both ethernet and USB connections and the local provider told us they provide a 'modem' that you can use with either ethernet or USB, the former being better.