baslinux - Re: [BL] ifconfig illegal instruction on 386ex

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ifconfig illegal instruction on 386ex
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 22:37:40 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 18 May 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

You could be right. It looks like busybox might have
a problem with 386sx computers. Unfortunately I have
no 386sx computers to test it on. I have 486, P1 and
P2 computers, and it works fine on those.

I have just tested BL3.40 on a 486sx (no copro).
It works fine. ifconfig, ping, no problem.
So the lack of copro is not the issue.

If there is a problem, it is on 386 computers.
Is anybody else using a 386? If so, I would
be grateful for some feedback.

We have a desktop 386 that my partner just put together with space for 4MB or 16MB RAM and a spot for a 387 processor which we have (can test both ways). It is lower powered so he wants to use it for data acquisition (to be left on all the time). 386 SLC cpu (like a laptop cpu).

Also one laptop 386 (387?) computer with 3MB RAM which works without X but no network card. And one that won't support linux with 5MB RAM. And one with 1MB RAM. We just recycled another with 5MB RAM that drained CMOS batteries and needed external keyboard but ran linux. Do you want anything other than networking tested on a 386?

Can I test networking with the 2-floppy BL3 if I add my own 3c509.o? I can check if I have an ne card somewhere. Is DLINK ne? We have two of them in unopened boxes.