baslinux - Re: [BL] ifconfig illegal instruction on 386ex

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ifconfig illegal instruction on 386ex
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 09:37:50 +1200

sindi keesan wrote:

> > It's good (but accidental) that there is room on
> > the second floppy for users to add an odd module.
>
> The 3c509 would not fit.

I thought you said it did fit. 3c509.o = 9 kb
Space on second floppy = 16 kb

> Are there any other common ones that do fit?

wd.o = 7 kb
smc-ultra.o = 7 kb
plip = 13 kb
eepro.o = 16 kb

> We could add resolv.conf and eznet.conf instead.

You could add several by tarring them into a package and
installing them with pkg. Or (even better) untar disk2.tgz,
edit out the stuff you don't want, add the stuff you do,
tar it back into disk2.tgz and write it to the floppy.