baslinux - Re: [BL] ifconfig illegal instruction on 386ex

  • From: Rainer Desor <renkaba AT gmx.de>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ifconfig illegal instruction on 386ex
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 21:15:08 +0200

On Wed, 17 May 2006 11:49:18 -0700, David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com> wrote:

I think it should be:

insmod ne io=0x300 irq=9

I don't know, but hex format worked

So my conclusion : problem with busybox. I don't know which other commands
will not work. Does anybody know for which processor/library it is
compiled?

BTW, is /etc/protocols only missing on my system? I wonder why nobody else
seems to have my problems.

In DOS, can you edit c:\baslin\boot.bat (or equivalent) and add this option?:

no387

For example, if your boot.bat looks like this:

loadlin zimage root=/dev/loop0 rw initrd=initfs.gz

Change it to:

loadlin zimage root=/dev/loop0 rw initrd=initfs.gz no387

If this causes the ifconfig Illegal Instruction message to go away,
please let us know.

Thanks,
David

I added no387 to my boot.bat, it looks now like

loadlin zimage root=/dev/loop0 initrd=initfs.gz rw no387

In my case rw was at the end, I don't know if this makes a difference.

After new booting ifconfig (and ping, route ...) are not working. I checked it with "busybox ifconfig eth0"
etc, since I deleted already the links and replaced them with the slackware pendants.

What is your conclusion?

regards

Rainer

--