baslinux - [BL] ifconfig illegal instruction on 386ex

  • From: Rainer Desor <renkaba AT gmx.de>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] ifconfig illegal instruction on 386ex
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 21:37:25 +0200

Hello,

I have successfully installed BL 3.40 on a old 386EX PC with 8MB RAM. Everything works fine until
I tried to implement network. I loaded 8390.o and ne.o for my UM9008 based ethernet card. But when I tried to start network with "ifconfig eth0 <ipaddress>" I got "Illegal instruction". Same with ping <ipaddress>.
Searching internet I found something like "floating point support missing" could be the reason.
Is this the reason and how can I get network running with baslinux on the 386EX?

Thanks!

--
Rainer Desor / Bovenden / Germany