baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux 2.1 or 3.2 ISO files

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux 2.1 or 3.2 ISO files
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:50:34 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

wget allows you to log in to ftp sites, at least in BL3.4.

wget ftp://username:password AT ftp.example.org/opt/file.tgz

Steven, please put a copy at the add-ons site for BL3.40.

wget is already in BL3.

The above is out of context, it came after a comment about links2ssl.gz in my email, which I don't see at the regular add-ons site.
I got it from the URL in your email (russian site).

Please put David's instructions for using wget and links for ftp downloads and for listing directories that need username and password into the next BL. Many people have commented on the lack of an FTP download.

BL3.40 is amazingly stable and bug-free and I am about to put it on two more laptops (if only I could get a second working ethernet card). Do you have any more changes planned, other than maybe another busybox update?