baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux 2.1 or 3.2 ISO files

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux 2.1 or 3.2 ISO files
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:38:31 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Can I somehow list the directory contents with wget like I could with
regular ftp, instead of telnetting or ssh'ing there first and using ls?

No, but you should be able to use the same URL (make sure that it has
a username, password, and it refers to a directory) in links to get a
directory listing.

I could also telnet there and move the file of interest to my web
directory and download with links from there. Can I use links to download
from my home directory, with username and password as with wget? I tried
to 'g' to ftp.freeshell.org/arpa/gm/k/keesan - file not found.

Is that exactly what you entered? Try:

ftp://keesan:password AT ftp.freeshell.org/arpa/gm/k/keesan/

I typed links2ssl followed by the above (changing password to my own password) and it worked. Thanks.
I made scripts for both shell accounts and I can now 'lgrex' or 'lsdf' for a list of downloadable files. Wget lets me resume broken downloads (wget -c) - does links? I doubt wget has a listing feature.

This is quicker than starting kermit to use its ftp.
And saves typing the file name.

It works for me.

David