baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux 2.1 or 3.2 ISO files

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux 2.1 or 3.2 ISO files
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:55:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

t.maiden AT att.net wrote:

Unfortunately this zip contains a img file, not a ISO file.

Sorry, to hear that the ISO file is no good. It was provided by
somebody else. I have never had a CDrom burner, so I've got no
experience with ISOs.

It's not that it's no good. It's that it is not iso. I made a bootable CD with it, so I know it works. You have to use an Eltorito image that does something like floppy drive emulation for the CD drive to get it to work. It's been awhile since I did that, so I'd have to go through those steps again to recall the details. But it is possible to easily make a bootable with that image file.

James