baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 2.1 with bzimage.big

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 2.1 with bzimage.big
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:27:42 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> Can I manually edit the files in /proc to match 2.4.31 so that I can mount
> /dev/sda1? I don't want to risk it in case I mess things up badly.

The contents of /proc are generated by the kernel, so you only need
to reboot if you make a mistake. However, this strategy will not get
the 2.2 usb-storage working. The missing /proc entries are merely
a symptom that the drivers are not working properly with the hardware.

> Some of the crashes I sometimes got were from insmodding scsi_mod and
> sd_mod after booting with a kernel that had them built in.
>
> I wonder how the guy with the Olympus camera got it working with 2.2.18.

The 2.2 usb-storage driver does work, but only with a small selection of
devices. The only device that I have ever gotten to work is my NEC
floppy drive.

David