baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 2.1 with bzimage.big

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 2.1 with bzimage.big
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:52:39 +0000 (UTC)

My kernel does not work even with the stick. uhci or usb-uhci crash it after 'USB UHCI at I/O 0xef80, IRQ 11'.

I repeated this numerous times on the same computer (where your kernels worked) with the stick and the card reader. I need to hard reboot after the crash. Is there some way I can log what is going wrong?

David, any ideas where I went wrong in my config?

I compared our configs.

I added usb-uhci (alternate uhci) to your uhci and usb-ohci.

I omitted a few 'experimental' storage device drivers - Freecom, jumpshot (this is some card reader -do I need it?) ISD200, an HP CD-writer, an ISDN/modem driver. What is a Freecom USB to IDE/ATAPI adaptor, a way to plug in an external hard drive via USB?

I omitted a lot more other things that I doubt have anything to do with uhci or storage - multimedia and imaging devices (cameras and scanners), network adaptors except for USBNET (for the PDA), port driver (?),
serial convertor (to plug USB into serial ports), misc.

I made sure to include both Sandisk drivers. My reader seems to use SDDR-09. I included Microtech ZiO! CF/SM reader and datafab reader.

Maybe I need the ISD200 USB/ATA bridge? It is used for CDRW drivers, SmartCable, Jukebox, eXtreme Drive cable (USB-IDE). How would this affect uhci?