baslinux - [BL] BL2.1 boot CD

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL2.1 boot CD
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 02:10:03 +0000 (UTC)

My partner asked a neighbor for a DOS boot disk (to deal with our two laptops that lack floppy drives) and was given the 'ultimate boot cd' (www.ultimatebootcd.com) which offers you a choice of booting DOS or linux:

DOS - Freedos or Bart's boot cd (win98 DOS), with lots of DOS utilities (tests cpu, ram, cd-rom drive, parport, etc.)

Linux:
Tom's Boot disk
RIP - recovery is possible
Trinux - a 1-floppy security-oriented linux that downloads most of its files from the internet or another floppy disk
BL2.1 - complete with FAQ

So anyone wanting a BL2 boot disk, with a fast connection, could download and burn this CD. If you download the image file, do you need to do anything special to make it bootable or just copy the image to CD?
How would you do this with cdrecord?