baslinux - Re: [BL] XP, was Re: mac

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] XP, was Re: mac
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:38:02 +0000 (UTC)

The local public library allows people to delete and add icons and run a few selected programs on their computers, but they say when the computer is turned off at night it all reverts to how it was. The screen was littered with stray links.

I know this is not list-related but we need a quick fix. We deleted IE from WIn98SE to save space, and then discovered Win98 needs it to view the
photos we finally got onto the computer (downloaded to Bl3 on laptop via pcmcia adaptor when the parport adaptor would not work on this desktop), then parallel cable transfer). How do we set Windows to use a different viewer? Opera lets you set it as default but it keeps crashing in Preferences. We had to download Firefox to use this webmail but I can't find a way to set it as default image viewer. We have DOS pictview and cshow - but I forgot how to change default viewer. We need a QUICK fix as we are leaving yesterday morning, in theory.

BL3 with xli and links (d) is working nicely on the laptop. At various local yard and rummage sales we picked up two external modems (one with power supply, one with cable) and some phone cables, which we had forgotten to bring. The church rummage sale sold us two printers, two modems, and misc. cables for $1. Pickles cost more. Also ran across a 166Mhz Pentium and a 15' monitor. Long ethernet cable.