baslinux - Re: [BL] mac

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mac
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 07:17:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

Ping 192.168.1.46 works, as does pinging my own computer.

You're pinging yourself.
I could also ping 192.168.1.1 - what was I pinging then?

Probably the router.

That's probably the router's admin panel. Usually you can admin these
firewall/routers via a web interface. They run a little webserver you
have to log into using your web browser to do admin stuff.
It was the name of the DSL provider and something about a profile and
password. I don't want to fiddle with someone's DSL connection.

Like I said, it's probably the administration login page for this person's router. You couldn't do anything there anyway unless that person gave you the username and password.

James