baslinux - Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: mikkel meinike <mimeini AT gmail.com>, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:43:31 -0700

On 9/25/05, mikkel meinike <mimeini AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> > Looks like you will need to use the vga16 configuration, just as in
> > mulinux.
> >
> > David
>
> OK I will try that. But can someone tell my if there is an pkg
> uninstall procedure in BL so that I can uninstall the xsvga server now
> I don't need it.

AFAIK, there is no uninstall procedure in BL3.

> An other thing. SVGALIB have to bee set to just like Xfree right?

>From my limited experience with it, it uses separate configuration
files but is a bit more tolerant if you don't get things just right.

> Is there some tolls fore that ore some manual or just some tips?

Here is some reading material:

http://www.fifi.org/cgi-bin/man2html/usr/share/man/man5/libvga.config.5vga.gz
http://www.tux.org/~mayer/linux/book/node263.html
http://www.arava.co.il/matan/svgalib/hypermail/att-1176/01-libvga.config