baslinux - Re: [BL] packages

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] packages
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 17:39:55 -0700

On 8/7/05, RandumAri AT netscape.net <RandumAri AT netscape.net> wrote:
> Hey,
> Anyone know if its possible to get programs with a "libncurses.so.3.4"
> requirement to work in BL3?
> I thought I got the package from Slackware 4.0…

You got a package from Slackware 4 which needs libncurses.so.3.4?
I can't find ncurses.so.3.4 in Slackware.

> Oh, and I tried to get acm.tgz from David's site to work, but I got a
> "Sorry, I cannot find the file default-scene in ../objects/, . or
> ./../objects/default-scene". Did I do something wrong?

Did you install another acm.tgz package first? You see, to save
space my package only has the main binary. The data (e.g.
planes, cities, etc.) needed to run the game must be provided
from another source. So you need to get a copy of acm from
another source (linuxpackages.net would be a good choice)
and install that, then install my acm.tgz on top. It should work.
Please let me know if it doesn't!

David