baslinux - Re: [BL] packages

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] packages
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 08:39:19 -0700

On 8/7/05, RandumAri AT netscape.net <RandumAri AT netscape.net> wrote:
> Hello again,
> >Did you install another acm.tgz package first? You see, to save
> >space my package only has the main binary. The data (e.g.
> >planes, cities, etc.) needed to run the game must be provided
> >from another source. So you need to get a copy of acm from
> >another source (linuxpackages.net would be a good choice)
> >and install that, then install my acm.tgz on top. It should work.
> >Please let me know if it doesn't!
>
> I got the package from
> http://ftp.plusline.de/FreeBSD/ports/alpha/packages-4-stable/Latest/
> reinstalled it, and then reinstalled your acm.tgz patch. It still doesn't
> work :-/ I get the same "Sorry, I cannot find the file default-scene in
> ../objects/, . or ./../objects/default-scene" error.

That package uses a slightly incompatible directory structure (it puts
everything in / instead of /usr). You should have gotten the package
from a Linux source, as others mentioned.

However, it looks like I seriously broke the package. Do you accept
1MB attachments? If so, I will email you a fixed copy.

David