baslinux - Re: [BL] packages

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] packages
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:21:22 +0000 (UTC)

Observation for the list: couldn't a script that would work in concert
with the pkg command be written that would output a list of what was
installed and where in the form of a text file saved under the name of the
package? That could be a help in these sorts of situations and could allow
more clean uninstalls. People could just use the file to go back and
delete all parts of the package. I think I've heard of such a thing under
Linux.

Steven suggested typing 'd' while in the directory where the package resides and then arrowing to the package name and hitting Enter, to see the contents of the package. This won't tell you where files went if the installation script moved them, but should help in most cases.

Is there an installpkg for Slackware 4.0?

James