baslinux - Re: [BL] xdosemu not working in BL3

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xdosemu not working in BL3
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 14:15:23 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> xdosemu
> ./xdosemu: mkfontdir: command not found

Do you get this on BL2, also?

> You do not have the DOSEMU vga font installed and are running remote X.
> You need to install the vga font on your _local_ Xserver.
> Look at the readme for details. For now we start with an [sic] fixed
> font, which does not display all national characters correctly.
> ... be warned
>
> ERROR: X: Unable to open font "vga"...

You may be able to add an entry for "vga" to fonts.alias.

But I don't think that this is the problem.

> /dosemu/freedos/../bin/dosemu.bin: relocation error:
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6: undefined symbol: _xstat

Do you get _this_ particular error on BL2? If not, are you
using the same libraries as in BL2? You will probably need to
install the Slackware 7.1 Xlibs for this to work and not give
an undefined symbol error.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com