baslinux - Re: [BL] xdosemu not working in BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xdosemu not working in BL3
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 01:56:24 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, David Moberg wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

2MB source code, a new challenge. I plan to compile with glibc 2.2.5.
They fixed things to work with kernel 2.6.

My partner said the new version is three times as large, but that might be because it is source code and not binary.

If underlines could be made to work on a TTL monitor with mdacon, I
might look into also tackling the Alt-F1 problem and trying WP5.1
again. Is there some way to program things so Alt-Fn no longer
switches to vtn?

You could remap the keys, with the keymap loading utility. I don't
think that would work, though. Perhaps you could disable VTs, and
use some other VT-like program? For instance, GNU screen?

I have 'screen' (from SW8.1 - needs ncurses to match). You get ten screens (by default) in each terminal and type something like Ctrl-C 1 to switch to the first. Good idea. I can't use xdosemu in mono - it needs more than 4-color - so it has to be dosemu.

I wonder how to make underlines different from bold.

David