baslinux - [BL] xdosemu not working in BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] xdosemu not working in BL3
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 19:07:24 +0000 (UTC)

We have xdosemu working in BL2 with Xvesa and the full X font package,
but plain dosemu is buggy (no A, S or ^ in CLI mode).

In BL3, after installing bash, dosemu works fine. Until recently Xvesa
was not working in more than 4 colors so we did not even try xdosemu, but
now that we have the SVGA server configured correctly for this strange
Chips and Technologies (WD9024C?) video, we tried xdosemu in X again.

startx (gives us a 640 screen with 1152 virtual screen, lots of colors)
Ctrl-Esc, Enter (can't see the menu on this virtual screen)

xdosemu
./xdosemu: mkfontdir: command not found

You do not have the DOSEMU vga font installed and are running remote X.
You need to install the vga font on your _local_ Xserver.
Look at the readme for details. For now we start with an [sic] fixed
font, which does not display all national characters correctly.
... be warned

ERROR: X: Unable to open font "vga"...

/dosemu/freedos/../bin/dosemu.bin: relocation error:
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6: undefined symbol: _xstat

<#>

(It exited without loading)

I think we have a font 9x15 in misc.

Has anybody used xdosemu in BL3 successfully? Should I try adding a vga font and if so what is it named and where would I find it?

Sindi Keesan