baslinux - Re: [BL] X server on WD chip

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X server on WD chip
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 19:58:32 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 16 May 2005, James Miller wrote:

On Mon, 16 May 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

Thanks for dragging me through this and I hope this config also works on James' Compaq laptop. Should I post the actual file?

I'm having trouble keeping up with list traffic lately. If you refer to a laptop with Chips and technologies video on which I was unable to get the svga xserver working, that was an Epson Actionnote. It would be good to get a display with more than 4 bit color and (possibly) higher resolution on that machine.

James

The wd 90C24 chip is found in several laptop computers. Mine also identified as Chips and Technologies. Compushow will work with it as 'Paradise'. I could not even get 4-bit color, just 4-color, with Xvesa. My laptop screen only goes to 640 res and has 1MB RAM. I got 1152 but not 1280 virtual screen.

Can you reconstruct the XF86Config from my previous postings on this subject (work backwards) or should I post at my website? (I was going to do so but the floppy disk got stuck in the laptop).

If my config file does not work for you, you could, as David did for me, search on the web for other people's working XF86Config files for your chip.