baslinux - Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:50:51 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

Actually $84/12 = $7 ;=) I read about this but thought it was only the cost of direct dialing sdf, not a way to access the internet. Will look closer.

And I suppose you'll tell me next that 2+2 really does equal 4? :)

Are you SURE this is access to something other than just sdf itself?
I pay $6/month to support our local bbs without internet access, much of which goes for the phone lines and the rest for broadband service.

I set up an account for my friend with them, after finding that they had a number in his area code. So he is set up for using dialup through them. I've used his connection so yes, I know it works. They use those big national outfits like uunet and whatever the other ones are, just like all the other national ISP's. They have something like 10,000 numbers, so they're bound to have one in your area too. ssh into your sdf account and type "dialup" or something like that for more info. accessnumber 000--or something like that--where 000 is replaced by your area code, gives a list of server numbers in your area code. I'm recalling those commands from memory, and of course they're specific to sdf, so you'll have to maybe hunt around a bit on sdf for the right commands if those don't work.

James