baslinux - Re: [BL] downloadable Linux guest for a MS XP host

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] downloadable Linux guest for a MS XP host
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:53:18 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 t.maiden AT att.net wrote:

> I am looking for a downloadable version of Linux that will run on a
> Windows XP machine as a guest of XP <snip>

I'm not sure why you're making posts of this sort to the BL list, but I
want to point out that they're pretty off-topic. Basiclinux, the Linux
this list is dedicated to developing and maintaining, is meant to run on
old PC's. The sorts of machines XP wouldn't even install to. Are you aware
of this? Please try to make your posts more on-topic for this list, or
maybe find some other list appropriate to the things you want to post
about.

On your inquiry: were I you, I'd look into those Linuxes that boot from a
USB flash/pen drive. They might do what you need.

James