baslinux - [BL] aliases and .xinitrc

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] aliases and .xinitrc
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:17:27 +0000 (UTC)

I was able to make separate .xinitrc's for each X program I want to load automatically when running X:

.xinitrc.opera -
icewm&
opera& (the exec was not needed)
rxvt (this stays there when you exit opera, and X closes when you exit the
rxvt)

Then I made an alias to point xinit at this file instead of the default .xinitrc (in /root): xinit -- /etc/.xinitrc.opera (and Xvesa and screen resolution and -terminate)

Worked also for xv and xpdf.

How would I modify either the alias or the .xinitrc so as to load a file at the same time (xpdf-alias filename.pdf)?

I tried putting $1 after opera in .xinitrc and also in the alias and it only messed things up.