baslinux - Re: [BL] HTTPD

  • From: Stephen Clement <s.clement AT sympatico.ca>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] HTTPD
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:07:25 -0500

sindi keesan wrote:

Interesting. I just found my own assigned IP address in /var/eznet/status.0:

ppp0 204.39.226.xxx to 204.39.226.4 up since 9:12AM Mon Mar 14, 2005

(I did not type out the full IP address just in case this might cause a security problem - could it? I am not running any telnet or http demons right now and I am telnetted here as user.)

So if I were to run httpd on my computer I could from this shell account use a browser to access my own computer and transfer files from it, instead of via ftp or kermit file transfer. Might be useful. But I dialed in using BL2 not BL3 - is there a small httpd that will work in BL2, or is the BL3 one statically compiled?

The one I submitted to the list, mini_httpd is statically compiled, so it should work with BL2, and it's easier than copying over all of busybox.

Thanks,

Stephen Clement