baslinux - Re: [BL] aliases and .xinitrc

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] aliases and .xinitrc
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:47:25 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> I just mounted and chrooted to BL3 on vt4 (from BL2)
> and the BL3 icewm, under utilities,

Those are just entries in the icewm menu. The utilities
listed aren't actually part of icewm.

> has an analog clock (with a dial and hands) and a big
> colorful graphical calculator.

Those are default BL3 utilities. They show up on the
(default) swm menu.

> Does BL2 icewm not have these?

No. Nor does the BL3 icewm package.

> Maybe the clock and calculator were left over from swm?

They are in the swm menu, but they don't belong to swm.
MagicPoint is also in the swm menu and it isn't part of
swm either.

> I just lost the cursor in VGA when I exited Xvesa to
> 80x30

This is a well-known problem with Xvesa. It only exits
cleanly when the resolution is 80x25.

> I suppose I should give up on 80x30.

Unless you want to run a real Xserver.

> is there a way to do it with something like rm -r COPYING?

rm /usr/doc/*/COPYING

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru