baslinux - Re: [BL] HTTPD

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] HTTPD
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:52:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Stephen Clement wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Interesting. I just found my own assigned IP address in /var/eznet/status.0:

ppp0 204.39.226.xxx to 204.39.226.4 up since 9:12AM Mon Mar 14, 2005

(I did not type out the full IP address just in case this might cause a security problem - could it? I am not running any telnet or http demons right now and I am telnetted here as user.)

So if I were to run httpd on my computer I could from this shell account use a browser to access my own computer and transfer files from it, instead of via ftp or kermit file transfer. Might be useful. But I dialed in using BL2 not BL3 - is there a small httpd that will work in BL2, or is the BL3 one statically compiled?

The one I submitted to the list, mini_httpd is statically compiled, so it should work with BL2, and it's easier than copying over all of busybox.

I took a look at it but could not understand how to configure it. Can you explain how to set it up to work like the busybox httpd, just from the directory where it is invoked? I have not set up a web server until yesterday.

Thanks,

Stephen Clement