baslinux - Use cdda2wav from SW81, was Re: [BL] sound problems in BL2

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Use cdda2wav from SW81, was Re: [BL] sound problems in BL2
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:27:08 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

Sounds like cdda2wav isn't coping with the copy protection, which is odd, it usually doesn't have any problems with it when I use it, what version are you using? Mine is cdda2wav version 2.01a19_linux_2.6.8-1.541smp_i686_i686, and it handles all CD's fine.

I am using what came with SW7.1 cdrtools, which appears to be 1.9.2.
SW8.1 seems to have 1.11a24. I did not find source code for a later version (or a cdda2wav home page). What libc is your version compiled for?

I just downloaded the SW8.1 cdrtools and installed it. A track that could not be copied with cdda2wav from SW71 works fine with this newer version.
One more reason to do a library upgrade to glibcso 2.2.5 from SW81 -
needed for xpdf, Opera 7, and now cdrtools. These might even work with BL3 and this same glibc.

I am very hesitant to upgrade to glibc so 2.3.1 (SW9.1). Last time when I tried to upgrade the so library but not the full glibc it completely messed up my ability to compile (ar would not even work) and I could not manage to downgrade glibc. glibc2.2.5 is huge and 2.3.1 even huger.

This machine has gcc 2.95 from SW71 /contrib, which has been able to compile things without any problems. (I have not tried compiling the kernel, which it is said not to do correctly.)