baslinux - [BL] [BL2] Compiler question

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] [BL2] Compiler question
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:45:42 +1100

Hi Folks,

I have been getting some error messages when trying to compile stuff
(mostly media players or media related) for BasicLinux 2, with stuff added
from Slackware 7.1.

It seems that ecgs/gcc (?) version 2.91 is not supported, and it is
suggested that I update/downgrade to either version 3.0 or 2.8x in order to
compile stuff.

Does anyone know why this is so ?

And which ecgs I should get, and what other packages should be upgraded
with it ?

Regards,
Ron

--