baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3-32 on laptop via serial cable?

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3-32 on laptop via serial cable?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 15:21:29 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> Send probably compresses the file before sending it.

Yes, send compresses, receive decompresses. It makes
the transfer faster.

> question was about $1 - is that the way to write a
> script where you fill in the file name instead of $1?

$1 is the first parameter, $2 is the second parameter,
and so on. If you execute the script with parameter(s),
the script can use them.

> After the above steps are all taken, do I also end up
> with the original .tgz file or just the installed version
> of it (the pieces distributed to various directories)?

You should get just the installed version.

> How can you send with links? I thought browsers were for
> viewing files not sending them.

If you look in ~/.links/links.cfg you will see that
commands can be associated with certain extensions
(for example, pressing right-arrow on a .tgz gives
you the contents). links doesn't care what command
you are associating -- it simple executes it. So,
if you wanted, you could associate .tgz (or whatever)
with a netcat command.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru