baslinux - [BL] BL3 Sleeping Forever on Boot Problem

  • From: "Les Myer @ Hotmail" <lmyer_rwl AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 Sleeping Forever on Boot Problem
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:19:24 -0500

Hi everyone - another Linux newbie joining your list. Hopefully someone
will be willing to help me. I have been to the archives, but I can't seem
to find a good answer to my particular problem.

Am having trouble booting BL3 from the hard drive, after doing a "Floppy
Version 3.32" install to the hard drive. During Busybox portion of boot, I
get the message "No more tasks for init -- sleeping forever".

I am able to boot using the first floppy + hard drive, if I hit CTRL during
the LILO display and enter "hd root=/dev/hda1 - but no dice when I try to
boot without the floppy.

Thanking you in advance,

Les