baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 Sleeping Forever on Boot Problem

  • From: "Les Myer @ Hotmail" <lmyer_rwl AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 Sleeping Forever on Boot Problem
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 02:22:35 -0500

HI Steven,

When I execute "lilo-v", the following appears:
-------------------------------------
LILO version 20, Copyright 1992-1997 Werner Almesberger

Reading boot sector from current root.
Merging with /boot/boot.b
Boot image: /boot/zimage
Added BL3 *
/boot/boot.0301 exists - no backup copy made.
Writing boot sector
-----------------------------------

I believe there was no old lilo before install, but.................before
installing BL3, I did make new partitions "linux native" (hda1) and "linux
swap" (hda2) and root filesystem on using cfdisk and Slackware 4.0 install
(boot) disks. I did subsequently perform "mke2fs /dev/hda1" and then
mounted it "mount /dev/hda1 /hd" from inside BL3 before performing
"install-to-hd" - so wouldn't that first command write over anything left
from before, including any old lilo?

I used the cfdisk and slackware 4.0 install (boot disks) because I was not
comfortable with fdisk commands.

Thanks in advance,

Les