baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 Sleeping Forever on Boot Problem

  • From: "Les Myer @ Hotmail" <lmyer_rwl AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 Sleeping Forever on Boot Problem
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:13:51 -0500

Hi Steven,

Making the changes you indicated (in lilo.conf), and then running lilo -v
fixed my boot problem! BL3 now boots from the hard drive! Thank you VERY
much for your expert advice.

Now that BL3 boots from the HD, I do have another question:

Does BL3 automatically use my swap partition, or do I need to set that up?
I only have 12MB on this old Compaq LTE Lite 4/33C notebook and I think BL3
could probably benefit from a swap file. What do you think?

Thanks and best regards,

Les Myer