baslinux - Re: archive search: was Re: [BL] Sound file player?

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: archive search: was Re: [BL] Sound file player?
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 19:46:05 +1300

James Miller wrote:

> > Didn't there use to be a way to search the mailing lst archives?
>
> There certainly did. I also noticed its lack the other day
> when I wanted to find something. Anyone know why it's not
> accessible now (not even a link)?

I've had nothing official on this, but I suspect it might
have been removed to reduce the load generated by searches
on the multitude of lists hosted by ibiblio (with most of
those lists increasing in size day by day).

> Better yet, anyone know how to get it back?

Doesn't google do mailing lists? By choosing the right
keywords (baslinux?), you might be able to get google
to find the message you are looking for.

Anybody else have an idea?

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru