baslinux - Re: BL3 with libc6? was Re: [BL] XDM

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: BL3 with libc6? was Re: [BL] XDM
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 17:00:34 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> > Why? AbiWord works fine on BL2. Your choice of Xserver
> > shouldn't change that.
>
> I thought you said it will not work with Xvesa.

It works with Xvesa in BL3. Why wouldn't it work with
Xvesa in BL2?

> This was something about Abiword fonts.

The problem with AbiWord fonts occured with an old
version of BL3 (which did not have xinit and xset).

> > I haven't tried installing glibc2 on BL3, but I did try it
> > on BL1 and it seemed to work fine.
>
> Lovely, do I just install the so package or what?

That's what I did on BL1.

> I don't want to overwrite the libc5 files.

Try it first on the loop version (after saving a backup
copy of fs.img). It's great for such experiments.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru