baslinux - Re: [BL] XDM

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] XDM
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:06:29 +1300

Joel wrote:

> Where do I get XDM? I went to the Slackware ftp and
> I couldn't find anything.

The place to search for files is MANIFEST.gz
in the /slakware directory. There you will
see that xdm is in the xbin.tgz package.

The xbin.tgz package is part of the usual X
installation for BL2, so BL2 users will probably
already have xdm.

I recommend you do not try to install the entire
xbin.tgz package on BL3 (because it is likely to
over-write the existing config files for X).
If you really want to run xdm, I suggest you
install BL2 instead of BL3 (it will probably be
easier in the long run).

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru