baslinux - Re: [BL] Realplayer8 segmentation faults

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Realplayer8 segmentation faults
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:26:22 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I was already online (telnetted) in the virtual console
and checking realplay with strace in X. Paper and pencil
was probably the quickest method at the time, if the least
accurate.

Have you tried using the script command? It automatically
records everything from your online session.

I am not trying to record an online sessions. I am trying to copy
the output of strace to a file. It is too big to even fit on the screen.

Or, alternatively, you could telnet (or ssh) from inside
an xterm, and use the mouse to block-copy the text you want.

I was already telnetted. I would much rather not be forced to use X and a mouse and do everything in little windows in order to copy but realplay insists on being in X. I wonder if I can use 'screen' from an xterm. I will experiment some day. I can use it to copy between terminals as well as between screens in a terminal. Or splitvt. Maybe I can use splitvt and run strace in one half of the screen, if splitvt works in an xterm (rxvt). With ratpoison in full-screen mode.

Steven, do you have any idea what this output of strace
has to do with the segmentation fault?

Nope.

What is readv?

Haven't clue.