baslinux - Re: [BL] Realplayer8 segmentation faults

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Realplayer8 segmentation faults
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:18:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, sindi keesan wrote:

> I just read your mail more carefully. The last line was:
>
> readv/3,[{"1\0,..............\371"...,1088},
> {"", 0], 2) = 1088
>
> (where ....... is a lot more numbers and \)
>
> I may have gotten some spaces wrong. I don't know if you can copy between
> X and CLI using 'screen'.
>
> I paged up a few times and did not find any other readv lines.
> Quite a lot of resource unavailables.
>
> Does the above imply that I am NOT missing some files and maybe I just
> need a faster computer? A few read, write and select lines before this,
> and before that some open's referring to locale files that were not there.

I'm afraid I'm the wrong person to ask about this sort of thing. If
there's some human-readable message there, you could probably make as much
sense of it as I could. But if it's symbols and code-looking stuff,
you'll have to turn to someone esle for help. Maybe the RP list you
talked about joining?

James