baslinux - Re: [BL] Realplayer8 segmentation faults

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Realplayer8 segmentation faults
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:20:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I don't know if you can copy between X and CLI using 'screen'.

Usually, when I want to copy from an X screen to a
text file, I open an xterm and execute: edit /tmp/xxx
Then I use the mouse to block-copy from the X screen
to /tmp/xxx.

I don't have a file, just a screen output which is in an Xterm, and I was already dialed into my shell account and writing mail there via a regular console (text). It would take some advance planning to use either your method or 'screen' and I was already online (telnetted) in the virtual console and checking realplay with strace in X. Paper and pencil was probably the quickest method at the time, if the least accurate.

Steven, do you have any idea what this output of strace has to do with the segmentation fault? What is readv?