baslinux - Re: [BL] soundcard support for bl3

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] soundcard support for bl3
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:14:37 +1000

Hi Chris,

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:34:46
cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

> On 12 Sep 04 at 10:16, ariadne AT earthlink.com.au wrote:
>
> > Chris, is there any chance of a volume controller (like aumix).
> >On my system, when I tested it it rattled the windows.
>
> When I looked for a sound software for BL2 I realized that
> aumix was the only one I was able to compile (and I think it was
> also included in some package - from DeliLinux?) and it was
> as well console and graphic.

Yes, I got it from JP's "sons" package. And it doesn't run under BL3. :(

> Now that I discovered that sound is also possible under BL3/BL1,
> I could make an attempt to compile aumix under BL1. But I have to
> find the aumix source again. It probably is on some computer not
> working now.

There is a volume command switch for PLAY, but it doesn't work.
I get the error message ....../dev/mixer not found
Would it work if there was a dev called mixer ?

> Do you already have aumix?

Yes, the binary.

> Are you able to compile?

No. I don't have any of the stuff to compile under BL3.

> I needed it only
> for recording, I think. Volume control I usually do at the PC
> speakers.

I have two very large, ex-HiFi speakers attached to my rig.
So I have to control volume by software. Which is fine under
BL2, which is all working well.

Regards,
Ron

--