baslinux - Re: [BL] soundcard support for bl3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] soundcard support for bl3
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:09:31 +1200

Ron Clarke wrote:

> Can someone tell me again how to make fs.img bigger to make
> room for all these add-ons ?
> I am unable, at the moment, to make a partition available
> to BL3, so it has to stay as a loop system.

First, if you have valuable things in fs.img, make a backup
copy by zipping it (using DOS).

Second, boot a ramdisk version of BasicLinux. It is a bad
idea to transfer fs.img from inside fs.img.

Third, rename fs.img to fs.old.

Fourth, create a new fs.img:
dd if=/dev/zero of=fs.img bs=1024k count=30
mke2fs fs.img
That will give you a 30mb filesystem.

Fifth, mount fs.old and fs.img:
--------------------------
mount -o loop fs.old /tmp
mount -o loop fs.img /mnt
--------------------------
If you are running BL2 in the ramdisk, you will need to do
"insmod loop" first. That is not necessary in BL3.

Sixth, get ready to transfer the contents of fs.old to fs.img:
--------
cd /mnt
receive
--------

Seventh, open a second virtual terminal (press ALT-F2) and
start the transfer:
---------
cd /tmp
send
localhost
*
---------

Eighth, exit the transfer routine (CTRL-C on both virtual
terminals) and umount both files.

You are now ready to try booting the new fs.img.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru