baslinux - Re: [BL] soundcard support for bl3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] soundcard support for bl3
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 02:33:22 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Ron Clarke wrote:

There is a volume command switch for PLAY, but it doesn't work.
I get the error message ....../dev/mixer not found
Would it work if there was a dev called mixer ?

I created the following script to make sound device files which sb.o makes incorrectly (dsp and audio devices get removed and then remade).
You can create the mixer devices by just typing out the two relevant lines and making the device files executable. Remove the # if you want to make all of the following devices. My book said you need only dsp audio and mixer for playing 'sound'.

What is patmgr?

#Creates sound files needed to play on SB16 with buggy 2.2.14 kernel
# that created these wrongly. You can also make midi* music patmgr
# sequencer but only dsp and mixer are needed to play. cat /dev/sndstat
# provides info about the sound hardware and software.
cd /dev
rm dsp*
rm audio*
mknod audio0 c 14 4
mknod audio1 c 14 20
ln -s audio0 audio
mknod dsp0 c 14 3
mknod dsp1 c 14 19
ln -s dsp0 dsp
#mknod midi00 14 2
#mknod midi01 14 18
#mknod midi02 14 34
#mknod midi03 14 50
#mknod music c 14 8
mknod mixer c 14 0
mknod mixer1 c 14 16
#mknod patmgr0 c 14 17
#mknod patmgr1 c 14 33
#mknod sequencer c 14 1
#ln -s /dev/music sequencer2
mknod sndstat c 14 6
chmod +x *

# These will end up root root. Correct for audio is root sys. Works
# anyway, at least as root.