baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 add-on

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 add-on
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:37:25 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Matrix Mole wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
>
> > The next add-on will probably be Netscape 3.04 (if I can get
> > it to run on Xvesa).
>
> I haven't been keeping with the list lately what with working full time
> and going to school full time. But, what about the possibility of
> compiling a version of firefox specifically for the various BL versions? I

I was kind of hoping Steven might address the modern-browser issue in
response to my previous post on compiling for BL3. I'm guessing that
since Firefox has been developed using a different, newer library, it
would be very difficult - if not impossible - to compile it for BL3
(libc5). I'm no sort of expert on either compiling or libraries though.
Any input on that, Steven?

James