baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 add-on

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 add-on
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:09:16 +1200

James Miller wrote:

> If it's any consolation or help, both dillo and links-hacked
> work under Xvesa in DSL.

Then something must be wrong with my version of Xvesa. I've
now compiled Dillo for BL3, and Xvesa gives me the same IO error
it gave me when I tried to run Netscape 3.04.

I had a lot of trouble getting a version of Xvesa that would run
on BL3. I spent weeks compiling different versions without success.
In the end I had go static to get something that would work (and
I had to dump the 2.0.40 kernel). Xvesa has been endless trouble
and I'm starting to hate it.