baslinux - Re: [BL] Win98/linux coexistence problems

  • From: russ loroville <bontemps AT m-net.arbornet.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Win98/linux coexistence problems
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 18:38:29 -0400 (EDT)

Sindi,
If you have access to a win95 computer you could try copying the win.com
file to the computer that has old win98(I believe win.com is small enough
to fit on a floppy). Rename the old win98 win.com file as win.comm
(2m's)(just in case this doesn't work then you can rename it back to
win.com). The win.com file is located in the "c:\windows" folder. This
will make the win98 look like win95 and therefore can be upgraded. All of
this will have to be done in DOS before booting to windows. You may have
to "attrib -h -r -s win.com" to unhide it and make it amendable on all
computers.