baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.01 ftpput

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.01 ftpput
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:55:33 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> Is it possible to make some sort of alias for the download
> with wget and just give the path/filename each time?

A script would probably be better.

> in /root/.profile (where I just put alias pico="e3pi")?

Does the pico alias actually work? I could be wrong, but
I don't think /root/.profile is used for shell startup.
AFAIK BL3 has only two startup files: /etc/rc /etc/profile

> alias get="wget ftp://username:password@ftpaddress//"; %1
> alias put="ftpput -u username -p password ftpaddress" %1

I would be very surprised if you could get an alias to do
what you want (although I am often surprise with what can
be done in Linux). For starters that %1 will have to go.

Doing scripts for those is easy. Something like this
should work:
#!/sh
wget ftp://username:password@ftpaddress//$1
Or you could do something more complicated with a menu
(select put or get) and then input the location and
filename.

When it is done, stick the script in the path somewhere
(eg /usr/sbin).