baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.01 ftpput

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • Cc: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.01 ftpput
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:36:35 -0500 (EST)

I was able to set up working scripts to log into our bbs, and into one of
two ftp sites at the local community college. The one my partner really
needs to use won't work. ftpput complains about an error - it does not
seem to like -u .s18.cps17104.students as a USER. This school also issued
default email addresses starting with '.' which the students were at least
allowed to changed, and they have a second ftp space with the changed
username and password (which works) but the first space is specific to
each course. As remote directory I entered the username for this school,
or ~username for our bbs.

Is the problem actually the '.' or maybe the length of the user name and
how would I find out? We can access this site with an ftp program (Win98
program works).