baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.01 ftpput

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.01 ftpput
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:35:20 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to make some sort of alias for the download
> > with wget and just give the path/filename each time?
>
> A script would probably be better.
>
> > in /root/.profile (where I just put alias pico="e3pi")?
>
> Does the pico alias actually work? I could be wrong, but
> I don't think /root/.profile is used for shell startup.
> AFAIK BL3 has only two startup files: /etc/rc /etc/profile

That explains why I could not find .profile. Did not try my alias yet but
I will put any others in /etc/profile.

> > alias get="wget ftp://username:password@ftpaddress//"; %1
> > alias put="ftpput -u username -p password ftpaddress" %1
>
> I would be very surprised if you could get an alias to do
> what you want (although I am often surprise with what can
> be done in Linux). For starters that %1 will have to go.
>
> Doing scripts for those is easy. Something like this
> should work:
> #!/sh
> wget ftp://username:password@ftpaddress//$1
> Or you could do something more complicated with a menu
> (select put or get) and then input the location and
> filename.

> When it is done, stick the script in the path somewhere
> (eg /usr/sbin).

I think I used %1 in lynx.cfg for downloaders and viewers. I guess
scripts use a different language. I should read about it.

BL2 does not have ftpput. I will ask kermit support if there is some way
to use it from a script to put and get ftp files non-interactively.